Happy National Writing Day!

Happy National Writing Day! 

I've been meaning to write a blog post for a while now and so I thought this was as good a day as any. It's also coincidently been 3 months since I set this blog up and since then I've read more books than I read in total last year, I'm 1 book ahead of my Goodreads 2020 challenge and I'm almost at the 10k word mark on my current WIP! None of this may seem like very much but it's a hell of a lot further in my writing goals than I was at the beginning of the year so I feel like celebrating. 






My reasons for setting up this blog were not just to share with people my thoughts on the books I've read and enjoyed but to also connect with other writers who, like myself, are at the start of their writing journey and to share my ups and downs in the process of writing my first novel. I've shared a few posts over the past three months on my general thoughts on writing from my fear of writing in the first place to my experience on writing and working from home during lockdown but I've not actually written about the obstacles in my actual writing itself. It's made me wonder if I'm going about this blog thing all wrong. So far I've spent more time thinking of specific writing topics or habits that would interest readers rather than looking at my own writing when I'm sat at my desk and thinking about what I've struggled with. The things that other newbie writers might also be going through and be able to relate to. Ironically I think that's what has always been one of my problems with my fiction writing. I'm always so worried and concerned about what "people" want me to write or will like that I forget to focus on what I want to write. 

So this blog post is more of a diary entry really. Just a good old rant to remind myself what I want this blog to be about. I'm not going to share this post on social media but if you happen to come across it and you'd be interested in following a writing blog, let me know in the comments if there are any particular topics you'd like to hear about! 

Thanks for reading! x 

Comments