Top 5: Favourite Places to Read





TOP FIVE PLACES TO READ 

I've been doing a lot of reading indoors recently and with a long weekend upon us (the last for a while 😭) and the hours allowed outside the house extended (6 hours a day where we are now πŸ˜€) it got me thinking about where my favourite places to read are, both indoors and outdoors so here are my top 5:

Number 5: In a Queue

This is something I only figured out the other week. I was reading from my kindle app, not with a physical book so not sure if that would make a difference but with supermarket queues being abnormally long lately, I found it passed the time really quickly by reading whilst waiting. I don't know why doing this has only occurred to me now. Maybe I've just never had to wait this long in a queue before (although thinking about all the times I've stood around in airports, I find that hard to believe) but in no time the queue had gone and I was another few pages through my current read. 

Number 4: On the Bus

Okay, so I promise I don't just read to pass the time and this is why this pick and the last one are not higher up the list. But this one serves a similar purpose to the last. Personally, I cannot stand taking the bus. For one reason, normally I only ever take the bus to get into town from where I live but it's only a 30-minute walk and why would I hang around waiting for a bus to arrive when I can get a 10-minute head start and walk-in? The second reason, I'm just not that fond of being cramped so closely together with a bunch of strangers (no offence to anyone whose ever sat on a bus with me!) It can be hot, and sweaty and germ-filled (and these were my thoughts pre-COVID to be fair). So having a book that I can immerse myself in and drift away from my surroundings for a short while is perfect! 

Number 3: In the Library

Alright, now we're getting to the real stuff! I honestly love going to the library. I love being surrounded by books and the quiet, concentrated atmosphere and the comfy armchairs, I find it such a calming space. When I walk into a library it's like closing the door on the outside world for a while which is ironic because that's how I feel when I read a good book. It might be cliche for a reader/writer/book blogger to say but hey, it's a cliche for a reason I guess πŸ’ 

Number 2: The Bath

When I moved into my flat in January I was so excited about the fact that there was a bath as my last place only had a great stand-up shower and I shower more than I take a bath generally but I do love a nice hot soak in a bath to relax. I try and make it a rule that once a week, I make sure I fill the bath with loads of bubble, bath salts and lavender essential oils, light some candles, get a glass of wine and relax for at least an hour reading my book. 

Number 1: The Beach 

Living on an Island and a 2-minute walk away from the beach, this seems like an obvious choice but it is honestly my happy place. I love finding a quiet spot on the beach, normally a little cove of sand surrounded by rocks where I can sit for hours with some snacks, a cold can of cider and my latest read - Bliss! 

I hope you've enjoyed this Top 5. Do you agree with any of these picks or would your Top 5 look different? Let me know below πŸ˜€

Comments