Book Review: Get Your Sh*t Together


Book Review 




January: Self-help 
Title: Get Your Sh*t Together 
Author: Sarah Knight

Blurb: Ever find yourself snowed under at the office - or even just glued to the sofa - when really you want to get out (for once), get to the gym (at last), and get started on that big, personal project you're always putting off? Then it's time to get your sh*t together. 

If I could suggest one New Year's Resolution to anyone who has decided to "get their shit together" over the next 12 months, then it would be to READ👏THIS👏BOOK👏! 

Get Your Sh*t Together is the second book in Sarah Knight's fabulous series of, in her own words, "let-me-help-you-help-yourself-help books" and having read the first (The Life-Changing Magic Of Not Giving A F**k) I just knew that the sequel would not disappoint and I was so right! 

It could be fair to say that Knight's writing style might not be for everyone but I think what I love so much about these books is that they are the least preachy books you could find but at the same time I find them so real and relatable. They have raw, brutal honestly, coupled with literal laugh-out-loud humor that had me doing just that on more than a couple of occassions. It's useful to read the first book before moving onto this one as there are a lot of references in Get Your Sh*t Together that will only make sense if you've read The Life-Changing Magic Of Not Giving A F**k, but that's the beauty of these books...there's a process to them so you feel guided by them and they are laid out in a step-by-step way that allows you to put Knight's advice into action whilst reading the book and you actually see the results along the way. 

I smashed through this book in less than a week but during that time I think it reminded me not to take myself too seriously, whilst also putting myself first at the same time. I tend to be prone to being an over-thinker and a worrier that puts too much stress into the potential outcomes of the things I feel I should be doing, that I sometimes forget to prioritize what I need and more importantly want to do. Get Your Sh*T Together basically helps you organize all these things so that you can make more time to do the things in life that make you happy. 

Have you read this book yet? What were your thoughts? Please comment below and let me know! 😊

Next Review:

February: Contemporary/Modern Fiction
Book: Milkman, by Anna Burns



Comments